Some international travel may be required
Supervised by the project manager, the sys admin will be responsible for the ongoing development and operations of a wireless in-flight services and entertainment (WISE) system. The person will be required to work with the development, operations and IT teams.
More specifically, the individual will be required to:
- be involved in the system’s formulation and improvement.
- port the system from one platform to another.
- configure and optimize third-party operating systems, services, networks and software.
- integrate proprietary software.
- ensure continuous information system security.
- optimize the industrialization of the server’s configuration.
- prepare system updates for deployment.
- carry out all required testing associated with the aforementioned.
- write documentation for training, specifications and software architecture.
- provide level 3 technical support.
- be involved in writing knowledge bases for support levels 1 and 2.
- be involved in monitoring, planning and problem solving for deployed systems.
- write and execute load testing.
- work in a Scrum or similar environment.
- carry out other related tasks.
Degree, required experience and knowledge (technical specifications)
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position (experience in the aeronautical industry or embedded systems is an asset).
- You have knowledge of Red Hat and SELinux, inventory management and Linux deployment; knowledge of Arch Linux and Ubuntu are assets.
- You have knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS), in addition to KVM virtualization concepts.
- You have experience in system design, architecture and programming (Perl, Python, Bash); network configuration; computer security; technical support, and system surveillance.
- You are bilingual (French/English) spoken and written.
Interests and generic skills (general criteria)
- Dynamic personality
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic mindset
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.